Combining visionary ideas and unforgettable cuisine, Two Farmtables And A Microphone invites our guests to feed all five senses while creating food for thought. As our guest, you’ll take part in incredible, transparently-sourced, farm fresh meals accompanied by a diverse array of exciting guest speakers from the frontiers of entertainment, technology, and culture. It’s an evening that will stimulate both your palate and mind, leaving you with a full belly and a renewed hunger for the possibilities that surround us.
OCTOBER 4, 2017
5:30pm - 9:00pm
The Aspen Art Museum
637 E Hyman Ave
Aspen, CO 81611
With sweeping views of Aspen Mountain and the high peaks of Independence Pass, the Aspen Art Museum’s rooftop café provides an inspired backdrop for a night of nourishing local cuisine, thought provoking contemporary art, and stimulating discussion with internationally recognized leaders in adventure and exploration storytelling.
Cuisine by Julia Domingos of Epicure Aspen
Matt Renner - Vice President, Production, National Geographic Channel
Emmy award winning producer Matt Renner takes you on an inspiring visual journey through the history, mission, and future of the legendary 129 year old National Geographic Society, as it evolves its mission of exploration, education, adventure and storytelling in the dynamic media landscape of our modern age.
Tomas Zuccareno - Photographer & Filmmaker
How We Grow
Join award winning local photographer and filmmaker Tomas Zuccareno as he introduces you to a few of the Roaring Fork Valley’s thoughtful and ambitious young farmers, and the community that supports them, with a short version of his forthcoming full length documentary, “How We Grow.”
5:30pm - Check-in and enjoy cocktails and private showings of the Aspen Art Museums current exhibition, featuring work by Wade Guyton, Peter Fischli, and David Weiss.
6:45pm - Soak in the Sunset
7:00pm - Special Speaker - How We Grow, with Tomas Zuccareno
7:45pm - Special Speaker - Matt Renner
9:00pm - End
Transparently and sustainably sourced from organic local providers within 100 miles of the venue, and thoughtfully assembled by our chef, Julia Domingos. Featuring food from local producers such as Avalanche Creamery, Zephyros Farm, Mattics Orchard, and Two Roots Farm, among others.
Please make note when checking out if you'd like gluten-free and/or vegetarian.
• Colorado Cheese Display with Dried Fruits, Nuts & Baguette - Avalanche Creamery, Haystack Mountain Cheese
• Smoked Trout Rillettes with Herbed Lavosh and Honeycrisp Apples - Smoking Good, Wag’s World Orchards, Two Roots Farms
• Herb-Brined & Roasted Chicken with Local Mushroom Ragout - Red Bird Farms, Hazel Dell Mushrooms, Zephyros Farm & Garden
• Sautéed Farro & Quinoa with Olathe Corn & Cauliflower - Mattics Orchard, Zimmerman Farm
• Late Harvest Vegetable Hash - Thistle Whistle Farms, Zimmerman Farms, Rain Crow Farms, Two Roots Farms
• Kale Salad with Hazelnuts, Squash & Shaved Avalanche Blue - Eagle Springs Organics, Mattics Orchard, Avalanche Creamery
• Warm Local Apple Cobbler & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Wag’s World Orchards, Ice Cream Alchemy
Street parking is available on the city blocks around the museum. Parking is also available at the nearby Rio Grande Parking Garage.
This is outdoors! Wear proper shoes and warm jackets as it can get chilly.
SALES ARE FINAL:
All tickets are final. There are no refunds. In the event of a cancellation, refunds will be made.
ALL AGES WELCOME:
All ages event, but you must be at least 21 years old to drink alcohol. Please have your ID ready as we will be checking name and age.
PLEASE BE CLASSY AND DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
Tickets must be purchased in advance and space is limited.
All tickets are WILL-CALL.